Guitars And Basses
Guitar or bass, electric or acoustic, here's just some of the services The Hairy-Dude can provide for your instrument.
Please Note: The below prices DO NOT include strings or replacement parts, unless otherwise stated.
Setups and Restrings
- Restring Guitar or Bass: Remove the old strings, put on new strings of your choice - $35.
- Set-ups: Adjust truss rod/neck relief, intonation, action/string height, clean fingerboard, adjust tremelo springs, set bridge height, etc - $95.
- Fret levelling and recrowning: From levelling a few frets to levelling them all of them. This may require a set up afterwards (not included) - from $100.
- Re-fret: Replace those frets when they get too low to level properly. Standard nickel/silver or stainless steel frets available. Includes fret leveling and recrowning, and a standard set-up - from $400.
- Fretless Conversions: Removing the frets and fitting inlays to fill the fret slots - from $400.
Pickups and Electronics
- Pickup replacement: Humbuckers, single coils, P90's, Jazz/P-Bass, active or passive - $50 for the first pickup, $10 for each additional pickup, from $20 for any additional routing required to fit the pickups.
- Electronics: replace a faulty pot or switch, or design and install custom wiring setup to get your sound from your guitar - from $50.
- Custom Pickguards and Covers: Please click here.
- Replace Tuners/Machine Heads: Replace broken ones or upgrade your existing machine heads - from $40
- Repair Broken/Cracked Headstocks: Repair cracks or refit a headstock that has completely broken off. This may require a set up afterwards (not included) - from $100.
- Other repairs: Replace broken faulty, or worn out hardware etc - from $50.
For electronic repairs to guitar FX and amps, Pro Audio and more, please click here.
For all enquiries, or to book your guitar or bass in for service, please click here to contact The Hairy-Dude!
If there's a repair or service you need, and it's not listed here, please don't hesitate to ask!